Tibet is a sacred place for many people. If you travel to Tibet, Tibet's unique plateau scenery, towering snow mountains, sacred Potala Palace are worth visiting. But many people have various concerns about traveling to Tibet, and the altitude sickness is one of them. Altitude reaction, also known as altitude sickness, mountain disease, usually occurs at an altitude of more than 3,000 meters. There are many symptoms of altitude sickness, such as a headache, insomnia, loss of appetite, fatigue, and difficulty breathing, among which a headache is more common. Ordinary people, first entering the plateau, more or less will have a reaction, but generally not very serious. Of course, in order to be safe, we still try to prevent first.
1. You can take anti-altitude drugs in advance, such as the famous Rhodiola Rosea. However, many people have a misconception that is starting to take it after entering the plateau, this is wrong. The drug should be taken one to two weeks in advance, and continued after entering the plateau, which is generally effective in preventing or reducing the high reaction.
2. You can slowly adjust to altitude sickness. If the conditions permit, you can go to the mountains above 3,000 meters above sea level before visiting Tibet. If you don't have the conditions, you can arrange more time for your trip to Tibet. Since the altitude sickness is usually caused by rapidly entering places of over 3,000 meters above sea level, then you can enter at a slow speed. On the way to Tibet, altitudes of all the way are different. You can stay at 3,000 meters for a day or two, and then stay at 4,000 meters for a day or two, and slowly adapt to the lack of oxygen on the plateau.
3. You need to exercise more. Although sometimes there will be good health and altitude sickness, there is no such situation as poor health. But relatively speaking, the altitude sickness of the better physical fitness is lower. The best form of altitude sickness is long-distance running. According to senior hikers, one month of long-distance running can effectively prevent altitude sickness.
4. You should avoid catching a cold and overworking before you start your trip to Tibet.If you get too tired before entering Tibet and you strenuously exercise after entering Tibet, you will increase the incidence of acute light plateau disease. People who have just entered Tibet should limit their physical exertion, maintain a good appetite and balance of weight.
5. People entering Tibet for the first time should do a physical examination before entering Tibet. People with severe heart and lung problems, fever, and fatigue should not go into Tibet or delay their entry.
6. It is very important to keep a good attitude to prevent altitude sickness. You should understand the knowledge of plateau geography, meteorology, and altitude sickness in advance to eliminate the fear psychology and avoid mental stress.
You have altitude sickness on the way, you should not be too nervous. If you are not serious, you can lie down and rest for a while. When the feeling is less obvious, you can continue on your journey. If more serious, you can absorb oxygen that can be prepared before departure. Of course, on the road some stations, hotels will also have oxygen for sale. It can be treated with medication, but it needs to be treated correctly.